Phoenix fails vid

Phoenix at the movies - bring popcorn

Moderator: Council Member

Jazhara

Phoenix fails vid

Postby Jazhara » Oct 6th, '11, 03:21

Hey guys!

As proposed by Fleksy last raid, I'd like to make a Phoenix fails vid. I'm planning an approx 3 min. video that may include:
- Fail wipes
- Fail deaths
- Fail actions (like me disengaging into lava at Ragnaros, more common than you think)
- Fail pulls, trash or boss
- Fail chat usage (like typing your rotation into chat mid-fight)
- Fail vent convos
- Owned at chat (ex. Jazhara: You guys still need a hunter for tonight? Cheloo: Yeah, you know a good one?)

I'm actually a bit dodgy about making this vid as I don't want to offend anyone by the content in it so let's decide whether if we want such a vid. A good idea might be that people should send their own fail footage themselves so we know they are OK with it.

If we decide to do the vid, I'll need content sent to me with details on where the fail is in the vid and a few tips to make it easier to find.

It will be a fun and long term project but first thing's first - let me know if you want it!
Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Troopcsd

Re: Phoenix fails vid

Postby Troopcsd » Oct 6th, '11, 03:39

Now in!
Cheloo: Troop, Lava Wave? Seriously?
Troopcsd: Excuse Mode: We needed more fail video footage? :)

Heh, that aside I'm looking forward to these, even if it's a compiled list of my own fails! Definately go ahead with this, as long as you add Slow-motion effects for comedic value! :D
There is no problem that cannot be solved by adding more DPS

MikeeMiracle

Postby MikeeMiracle » Oct 6th, '11, 11:43

I think this would be a good laugh, even though there will probably be a few of me.

Someone pleeeeeeeeeeeze say they have a vid of Abbey jumping off the platform against Lich King. I almost fell off my chair with laughter on that one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Abbey
Guild Master
Guild Master

Postby Abbey » Oct 6th, '11, 12:19

MikeeMiracle wrote:I think this would be a good laugh, even though there will probably be a few of me.

Someone pleeeeeeeeeeeze say they have a vid of Abbey jumping off the platform against Lich King. I almost fell off my chair with laughter on that one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never happened ;)
When it comes to boobs, I'm like a woman at a shoe store..."get every pair out I wanna see them all

Palalady

Postby Palalady » Oct 6th, '11, 19:15

i have 2 of abbey so far, and 1 of ispen lol, abbey typing and dying, and abbey just randomly running of the side at the entrance :P

Sayalana

Postby Sayalana » Oct 7th, '11, 03:55

Jazhara wrote:[...]
As proposed by Fleksy last raid, I'd like to make a Phoenix fails vid. I'm planning an approx 3 min. video that may include:
- Fail wipes
- Fail deaths
- Fail actions (like me disengaging into lava at Ragnaros, more common than you think)
- Fail pulls, trash or boss
- Fail chat usage (like typing your rotation into chat mid-fight)
- Fail vent convos
- Owned at chat (ex. Jazhara: You guys still need a hunter for tonight? Cheloo: Yeah, you know a good one?)
[...]

It might be a good idea to only use clips from the first four categories for the video, for fail chat/owned at chat/hilarious chat/etc a screenie collage might be better. Two examples I found in my random crap links collection, one very well known from Naxx 40 days, and one more recent from Method during Wrath and Cata. Neither is exactly a collection of fails, but you get the idea. ;)

http://knightly-slumber.com/images/worl ... kerwg2.JPG

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1866 ... 122.th.jpg

Likewise a soundboard might be more suitable for a collection of vent fails etc. Here's an example from an old guild of mine, a collection of quotes from our raid leader, but it could just as well be used for general vent failure.

http://www.precept.cc/wp-content/upload ... rathor.swf

Just a suggestion. ;)
Last edited by Sayalana on Oct 7th, '11, 04:07, edited 1 time in total.

Sayalana

Postby Sayalana » Oct 7th, '11, 04:02

Palalady wrote:i have 2 of abbey so far, and 1 of ispen lol, abbey typing and dying, and abbey just randomly running of the side at the entrance :P

There is at least one fail in your Raggy video, a Gnome mage whose name shall not be mentioned here fucking up a blink and dropping seeds near our group-up-point.

Another fail is in your Beth HC video, when the holydin supposed to heal tank and dpsers upstairs falls through a hole while frapsing.

Ageras

Postby Ageras » Oct 7th, '11, 14:50

Sayalana wrote:
Palalady wrote:i have 2 of abbey so far, and 1 of ispen lol, abbey typing and dying, and abbey just randomly running of the side at the entrance :P

There is at least one fail in your Raggy video, a Gnome mage whose name shall not be mentioned here fucking up a blink and dropping seeds near our group-up-point.

Another fail is in your Beth HC video, when the holydin supposed to heal tank and dpsers upstairs falls through a hole while frapsing.

Yeah that damn Cajlol!! :D
Abbey wrote:it works in IE7 !
screw firefox :P

Gulrot

Postby Gulrot » Oct 7th, '11, 15:17

The seed on raggy indeed shall not be mentioned :P

MikeeMiracle

Postby MikeeMiracle » Nov 21st, '11, 00:32

I gotta vid that can contribute to this if anyone is still up for making one :)

Jazhara

Postby Jazhara » Nov 21st, '11, 02:45

Anything you want added you can send to me on skype and I'll archive them till we have enough material.

It's petter to ask Pala about specs of videos, resolution, framerate, converting before sending becuase these vids are actually massive pre convert, etc... I love editing absolutely but need to familirize with tech stuff.

Skype name is sezenelagoz, throw me an invite and we will sort it.
Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Return to “Videos”